Parents' and Citizens' (P&C) Association
What is P&C?
Established under the Education Act of 1999, P&C Associations are the forum for parents and guardians of children to get involved in their local school.
Our P&C exists to:
- encourage parents to participate in developing the school’s education policy
- foster parent participation and involvement in the school
- be the forum for parents to discuss issues pertaining to the school and its community and for gathering opinions
- provide extra amenities for the benefit of students
- promote and support communication and cooperation within the school community
North Cottesloe P&C works in direct response to the needs of our school community, in accordance with guidelines established by the West Australian Council of State School Organisations (WACCSO).
An Annual General Meeting is convened early in the school year to elect the office bearers.
All funds raised benefit students and are raised in 3 main ways; voluntary annual contribution from parents. At North Cottesloe Primary we are fortunate that almost all parents are able to make this contribution; major fundraising events during the year. Past events have included quiz nights, bingo nights and our annual ‘Splash N Dash’ and; small scale events throughout the school year.
Specific projects that have been funded by past P&Cs include:
- the installation of solar panels
- the installation of air-conditioning into all classrooms
- the implementation of a whole-school approach to sustainability
- the financial support for non-teaching staff, classroom and library resources
- the management of the Uniform Shop and
- the management of the Canteen.
- Nature Play Project 2020-2021
The P&C Association meet twice per school term in the school library. Meeting dates are advertised in the term planner and school newsletter. Meeting minutes can be accessed by clicking below. Our P&C Committee encourages all parents to take an active involvement in the association. As outlined in our Constitution, membership is open to parents and guardians of children attending the school and to citizens being over the age of eighteen years who are interested in the work of the Association. A person desiring to become a member may do so at any General Meeting by completing the Membership Form and payment of the membership subscription fee of $1.00 per member. Bring the form, along with the subscription fee, to the next P&C Meeting if you are interested in joining.