North Cottesloe Primary School would like to announce our shared vision for Reconciliation, which has been developed over the past twelve months, by the Reconciliation Working Party, Ballardong Whadjuk Elder Freda Ogilvie and senior school students.
North Cottesloe Primary School commits to listen to, learn from, and engage with, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, to achieve truth, justice and healing.
At North Cottesloe Primary School we:
• Recognise the Whadjuk Noongar people as the traditional custodians of this land on which we stand
• Listen to the different threads that weave the rich tapestry of Noongar peoples’ language, stories and culture
• Embrace the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and all cultures across our school and community
• Celebrate the significant contributions and kaartdijin [knowledge] of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
• Live, learn and play between the river and the sea, on Whadjuk Noongar Boodja